A relaxed driving posture reduces the stress on your spine, allowing your seat to support you.
- Recline the seat back 10-15 degrees from the vertical.
- Tilt the chair of the seat to as near to horizontal as possible, a cushion can be used to level the seat.
- Slide the seat forward so you can comfortably depress the foot pedals and reach the steering wheel.
- If necessary, adjust the lumbar support to fit into your lower back or use a low back support cushion.
- Ensure the head restraint is as close to your head as possible and adjust the head restraint so that it is level with your ears. This reduces the risk of injury in the event of an accident.
- Relax the shoulders and avoid gripping the steering wheel too tightly.